Thursday 3 April 2014

Pros and Cons of CSC148

    I felt that discussing some of the pros and cons of this semester's CSC148 is important, so I am going to talk about a few things I liked and some that I did not. The most helpful thing this semester were the exercises in my opinion. They managed to serve as nice refreshers to the course materials for me. However, what I did not like about them is that they were getting marked and there weren't too many of them. I think it would have been better if we were simply given a lot more exercises to work on that were not getting marked. The automarking for the exercises meant that there weren't enough of them to help us understand the course material better. What I think was done really well this semester were both of the assignments and tests, regardless of what most other people say. All of them were fair, yet the right amount of difficulty. What I particularly did not enjoy too much this semester are the SLOGs. I don't feel that they helped me at all with my programming skills. What I think would have been better is to have forum participation instead of SLOGs because then we would actually look at each other's ideas about the course. With different blogs, it is much more difficult to communicate with other people since they all have different SLOG urls.

    All in all, bring more exercises Dan. Also, forum participation would be better than blogs in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment